Stealth Encounter Music Stealth Encounter Music

almost as good as chuck norris!

in terms of stealth... :)
everything here is A-ok smoothness galore, but i would use a different EQ for the strings. in my opinion they need more high freq. i would also review the string envelope, the release is a bit early, like in old casicore synths...
Good job!

Jimbobsthebest responds:

Thanks for the review mate. Yeah my overall mastering is terrible. I'm basically working with a laptop and a pair of head phones so it's extremely difficult for me to EQ and master everything properly.

However, the strings advice is much appreciated. Unfortunately, this music is already being used in a game and so I can't really alter it. But I'll definitely take that in to consideration for my next song.

Cheers, James

Too Filthy For You (Dubst Too Filthy For You (Dubst

Pretty good!

Definitely sounds like dubstep, maybe even good oldschool (pre 2006 lol) dubstep.
the dark feel is perfect! the beat is fantastic and the drum sounds themselves are superb. the bass is distinct and even quite original, unlike many dubstep wannabes that rip the same bassline that everybody else does. The samples and their effects actually sound like a nostalgic psy trance hit. loved the horse :)!

Dis good.
Dr Bitz

Jimbobsthebest responds:

Cheers for the review mate. Pleased you liked this one. I know what you mean about the same old dubstep basslines and although it is still that blatant wobble bass I tried to stay clear of the cliche bass melodies.

Thanks for the review mate, you know it's all about that horse ;)

Walking Through Japan Walking Through Japan

Not bad!

This sounds great! loved the Japanese theme, though i would've liked more asian themes in your piece. I'm definitely going to look forward to your next release.

TUNEIT responds:

Thanks a lot :D

I didn't knew anyone would like this song.

Cool Desert Drive Cool Desert Drive

Me like!

The drums are actually fine! just add some effects (reverb, delay, which are CPU friendly nowadays) on them so as they would match the guitar loop.

DJ Comet-Anything-Everything DJ Comet-Anything-Everything

Very good

I kinda like it, especially the theme that starts around 2:20. I think its excellent as BGM, and that Ha! sound is so cool.
One thing that bothers me is the sync of the beat in 1:38. It might be intentional, but it lags behind the music a tad bit.

Good job!
Dr Bitz.

Neon Ichtyosaurus Neon Ichtyosaurus

I dig it!

Dr Bitz like your tones! make something longer with it, please! :)

VirusN responds:

Thanks, Doctor. I'm going to be honest. This was made 100% accidntally; but i'll try to make a longer one.

Riff and Raff Riff and Raff

Experimental...

Not a good experimental tune. to say the least. Although it does show nice control over FL, you should really try to have some order, or intent, in your track. If you are finding it difficult, try working more with patterns for a while.

Perfection - Mjattie Perfection - Mjattie

Sounds like two different songs mashed together...

So okay, you have a nice track here, with cool sounds and sassy beat (although not for my liking, i hate the pitch scratch motif , nothing personal).
The problem for me with this song is that the B part (with the organs) just doesn't fit with the rest of the song...by itself it is also a great piece, but both of them together sounds a little like what an amateur club DJ would do on the fly.

Dr Bitz

mjattie responds:

hmm, now you say it. You have a point there... Yea it's actualy not my best mix what reaches top-5 but yeah... The people do like it... I thought mixing the two instruments would make it less repetitive.

Paragonx9's Alt Paragonx9's Alt

Ultra Cool, but a little bit too repetitive.

This is undeniably super, however i think you are using too much of the same bassline, as it is getting boring at some point. there are tons of things you can do to avoid this.

another note is the dram track. for my taste, the drums are too "clean". the overall dirty feel of the track almost demands for a slightly low-fi bass sound and a snare overdosed on reverb (small room, medium decay should do the trick)

I really enjoy listening to it, and would defintly like to hear it while i shoot spacships!

DimTheoryX9-777 responds:

I only lied about being paragonx9's alt. I'm really a noob...

-Dust Branch- -Dust Branch-

Nice work!

Kinda like where you're going with the whole image thing. However, there is one thing i'm missing here, and that's a solo lead. if he's a synth pop soloist, he should be riffing at somepoint, right?

another thing i would do, in order to capture the whole synth-pop essence is add more reverb, especially on the snare drum. try something with a long decay time, i promise you won't be disappointed!

Dr Bitz.

FlaskBear responds:

The concept surrounding the song came after I made the song, but a solo riff would probably be a good idea if I made some adjustments. Same goes for the snare. Thanks for the review.